Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chase is here!

He finally made his big entrance. We went to the hopsital to be induced at 8:30 a.m. on 2/11. When we went in I was only 1 cm dilated so they started me with some gels to soften my cervix. It took three doses of those, which was the first 6 hours that we were there. At 5:00 p.m. they started pitocin and at 5:30 I got my epidural. My dr came in at 6:00 p.m and broke my water and at that time I was 4 cm. They checked me again at 7:10 and I was 6 cm and then again at 8:00 and I was 10 cm! We were so surprised and not expecting it to go that fast. She said his head was right there and we were ready to go. Just one problem, we were still waiting on richards mom. Everyone was ready and waiting to deliver this baby and she arrived just in time! He was born at 8:26 p.m., weighing 7 lbs 9.5 oz and measuring 20 3/4 inches long! His little face is so perfect. I wasnt expecting him to be so small. He's exactly one week old today and doing perfect. 

Our first moments with him.
SO precious!
Look at that face.
Isn't he adorable!
Chase with his big brother Gavin!

No comments:

Post a Comment